Forty Fort United Methodist Church, on the corner of Wyoming and Yeager Avenues in Forty Fort, is looking to hire a new organist and choir director.
• To coordinate with the Pastor and Worship Committee the music for Sunday services and seasonal events, (i.e., Christmas time, Holy Week services)
• To arrange practice schedule for and accompany all choirs; presently adult choir, to include in future a bell choir, children’s choir and quartet
• To select anthems for Sunday and special services
• To arrange for soloists or other special music during summer months
• To provide substitute when on vacation or absent
• To provide accompaniment for weddings, funerals, if available (with additional remuneration provided)
• To be familiar with the United Methodist Hymnal and contemporary gospel music
Other job related duties:
• All guests organists must meet your approval, and obtain permission from the Pastor, before playing for an event
• Starting Salary : $7,500/yr (approx. 3-7 hr/wk)
• Vacation Time: 4 wk/yr (4 weeks incl. 4 Sunday)
• Personal Days: 1 wk (incl. 1 Sunday)
For more information, or to apply, please contact Rev. Dr. Philip Wanck, Pastor, by calling 570-287-4518 (office) or 570-955-7822 (cell).