Moscow United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Music/Organ- Piano Accompanist. Please see the job description below. Contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-842-7251 for more information or to apply.
The pipe organ has been called the “King of Instruments.” The sounds of the pipe organ have inspired worshippers for centuries. Great composers have written countless works for the instrument. Pipe organs have been installed in some of the world’s most prestigious concert halls and theaters. The American Guild of Organists is passionate about the pipe organ and we want to share our love with a new generation.
Join us on Sunday, October 14 at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Scranton from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. for Pedals, Pipes, and Pizza. Participants will receive a behind the scenes tour of the instrument in addition to a chance to play it themselves (and eat some pizza!). All are welcome to attend. Students currently studying the piano are encouraged to bring a piece to play on the organ.
Saint Stanislaus Polish National Catholic Cathedral in Scranton is seeking a skilled, experienced organist to play its three manual 41 rank Austin pipe organ for Sunday worship services, Holy Day Liturgies, and other services and functions, including weddings, funerals, concerts, and recurring parish events. The selected candidate will also serve as Director of Music Ministry, cooperating with the pastor and other music staff, to plan and coordinate the music program. The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting adult and youth church choirs. Degreed candidates familiar with the Catholic liturgy are preferred. Others are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a salaried position with benefits. Interested candidates should email Bishop Bernard Nowicki at email@example.com or telephone at 570-343-6017.
A 1898 N. P. Kraig tracker organ currently located in Towanda, PA is for sale. For more information on the instrument, please contact David Lenington at 570-268-5035.
Mount Calvary Episcopal Church, Camp Hill, is seeking an Organist/Choir Director. The church has a 2 manual, 13 rank Moeller pipe organ. Two services weekly (Saturday at 5:00 p.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m.), plus Christmas Eve (2 services), Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Vigil and 2 services on Easter Morning. Position includes directing the Senior choir, conjunction with the Rector, and weekly staff meetings. Salary commensurate with education and experience. For more information or to apply, please call 717-737-9834 to speak with Father Greg Welin.
- 8:30 or 9:00 rehearsal with Gospelaires – Men’s Choir – 8 members
- Praise team 4 members – 9:15-9:45 rehearsal (2nd Sunday of month) – Gospelaires will rehearse at 8:30 due to Praise Team rehearsal at 9:15
- Sanctuary Choir 10 members – 9:30 rehearsal (1st Sunday of month) – will generally start Gospelaires rehearsal at 8:30 or 8:45 due to Choir rehearsal at 9:30
- Service 10:00 am -11:30
- Arrange special music for any 5th Sunday or play something for special music; will also play special music on the 4th Sunday of the month should the bells be unable to perform
- Be available to accompany the Sunday School singers whenever the need arises
- Sanctuary choir rehearsal – 6:30-7:15 (generally September through May or June with summers off) – Small Choir – 10 members
- Responsible for finding appropriate music;
- Also, for Easter and Christmas – Rehearsal 2 weeks before to accommodate members schedule
- Arrange for special music for each Sunday and/or play something if no one is available, involves putting up a signup sheet in advance and asking people as well
- Not many weddings in the past few years, but be available to do so; usually scheduled far in advance
- Potentially be available for funerals during the week (substitute can be arranged if Organist has full time work)
- Two services on Christmas Eve (5:30/11:00pm) – 1 hr services
- Ash Wednesday – up to Pastor – 1 hr in evening
- Holy Thursday/Good Friday – up to Pastor – 1 hr – during the day