Clarks Green United Methodist Church, Clarks Green is seeking a Worship Music Director/Organist. For more information, or to apply, please contact the Rev. Kevin St. Martin, Pastor at email@example.com or call the church office at 570-586-8946. A detailed job description follows.
The position of the Worship Music Director/Organist is an essential ministry of the Clarks Green United Methodist Church. The Worship Music Director will develop and lead the worship music ministry for Clarks Green United Methodist Church, in consultation with the Pastor, in a way that is consistent with our mission, vision, values and theology. The Worship Music Director will help choose, lead, and play music that guides the congregation in worship.
The Worship Music Director/Organist is directly responsible to the pastor. Changes, additions, deletions, and/or interpretations of this document can be made by the pastor and when necessary, in consultation with and approval of the Leadership Team.
The Worship Music Director/Organist’s responsibilities currently are:
• Practice weekly with the worship music team.
• Lead and play the music during regularly scheduled worship.
• Lead and play the music for special worship services which may include but are not limited to, twice on Christmas Eve, additional Easter Sunday Services, Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, and Good Friday.
The Worship Music Director/Organist’s responsibilities may include if the opportunity arises:
• Direct and Accompany an Adult vocal choir
• Accompany soloists as needed
• Direct and Accompany a Children’s vocal choir
The duties include but are not limited to:
• Work with the pastor and other relevant teams to choose music for the worship services.
• Choosing music that is thematic with the worship and suitable for the choirs to sing when they exist.
• Operate office equipment as is needed for the worship music ministry.
• Work with the appropriate personnel to provide for the proper maintenance of all equipment used for the worship music ministry including instruments.
• Work with the pastor and other relevant teams to purchase all necessary music and music supplies within bounds of the budget for the worship music ministry.
• Consult with guest organists or recitalists who shall not play without said consultation.
Expected Services not included in the salary but for which additional enumeration will be provided include but are not limited to:
• Hymn Sings
Two week’s paid vacation (which includes two Sunday)
Notice of Termination
60 days’ notice is required in advance of termination of employment. Whether that termination be at the request of the director or the congregation.