East Stroudsburg United Methodist Church is seeking an organist. The job is primarily for a Sunday organist (one service at 8:30) with opportunities of collaboration with their Contemporary service director. From September to May, the church has a choir, and the organist provides rehearsal accompaniment on Thursday evenings on the piano. There are also periodic special events during the year, i.e. Thanksgiving services, Lenten services, Spring Cantata, and occasional funerals and weddings for which the families pay additionally. The church has one of the Elite (III) organs by Allen, 2008 model with 3 manuals. The traditional service requires a Prelude, Offertory music and Doxology, and a brief Postlude in addition to 3-4 Hymns at each service. Full job description supplied on request. Qualifications include professional level proficiency with piano, organ and following a choral conductor. For more information, please contact Jenni Poole at 570-422-1289 (h) or 570-460-1322 (c).
Saint Stanislaus Polish National Catholic Cathedral in Scranton is seeking a skilled, experienced organist to play its three manual 41 rank Austin pipe organ for Sunday worship services, Holy Day Liturgies, and other services and functions, including weddings, funerals, concerts, and recurring parish events. The selected candidate will also serve as Director of Music Ministry, cooperating with the pastor and other music staff, to plan and coordinate the music program. The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting adult and youth church choirs. Degreed candidates familiar with the Catholic liturgy are preferred. Others are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a salaried position with benefits. Interested candidates should email Bishop Bernard Nowicki at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 570-343-6017.
Mount Calvary Episcopal Church, Camp Hill, is seeking an Organist/Choir Director. The church has a 2 manual, 13 rank Moeller pipe organ. Two services weekly (Saturday at 5:00 p.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m.), plus Christmas Eve (2 services), Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Vigil and 2 services on Easter Morning. Position includes directing the Senior choir, conjunction with the Rector, and weekly staff meetings. Salary commensurate with education and experience. For more information or to apply, please call 717-737-9834 to speak with Father Greg Welin.
- 8:30 or 9:00 rehearsal with Gospelaires – Men’s Choir – 8 members
- Praise team 4 members – 9:15-9:45 rehearsal (2nd Sunday of month) – Gospelaires will rehearse at 8:30 due to Praise Team rehearsal at 9:15
- Sanctuary Choir 10 members – 9:30 rehearsal (1st Sunday of month) – will generally start Gospelaires rehearsal at 8:30 or 8:45 due to Choir rehearsal at 9:30
- Service 10:00 am -11:30
- Arrange special music for any 5th Sunday or play something for special music; will also play special music on the 4th Sunday of the month should the bells be unable to perform
- Be available to accompany the Sunday School singers whenever the need arises
- Sanctuary choir rehearsal – 6:30-7:15 (generally September through May or June with summers off) – Small Choir – 10 members
- Responsible for finding appropriate music;
- Also, for Easter and Christmas – Rehearsal 2 weeks before to accommodate members schedule
- Arrange for special music for each Sunday and/or play something if no one is available, involves putting up a signup sheet in advance and asking people as well
- Not many weddings in the past few years, but be available to do so; usually scheduled far in advance
- Potentially be available for funerals during the week (substitute can be arranged if Organist has full time work)
- Two services on Christmas Eve (5:30/11:00pm) – 1 hr services
- Ash Wednesday – up to Pastor – 1 hr in evening
- Holy Thursday/Good Friday – up to Pastor – 1 hr – during the day
Faith Lutheran Church of Blakeslee, PA is looking for an organist and choir director to serve two services (liturgy and hymns) each Sunday and special services. Send letters of interest to Mr. Phil Newlander, President at email@example.com or mail to P. O. Box 228, Blakeslee, PA. Phone inquiries can be made to 570-646-0309. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
St. Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wilkes-Barre is currently searching for an organist to accompany services on the church’s pipe organ. A job description is included below. If you are interested or have any questions about the position, please contact Bob Novak at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-762-3662.