Moscow United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Music/Organ- Piano Accompanist. Please see the job description below. Contact the church office at email@example.com or call 570-842-7251 for more information or to apply.
Saint Stanislaus Polish National Catholic Cathedral in Scranton is seeking a skilled, experienced organist to play its three manual 41 rank Austin pipe organ for Sunday worship services, Holy Day Liturgies, and other services and functions, including weddings, funerals, concerts, and recurring parish events. The selected candidate will also serve as Director of Music Ministry, cooperating with the pastor and other music staff, to plan and coordinate the music program. The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting adult and youth church choirs. Degreed candidates familiar with the Catholic liturgy are preferred. Others are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a salaried position with benefits. Interested candidates should email Bishop Bernard Nowicki at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 570-343-6017.
Mount Calvary Episcopal Church, Camp Hill, is seeking an Organist/Choir Director. The church has a 2 manual, 13 rank Moeller pipe organ. Two services weekly (Saturday at 5:00 p.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m.), plus Christmas Eve (2 services), Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Vigil and 2 services on Easter Morning. Position includes directing the Senior choir, conjunction with the Rector, and weekly staff meetings. Salary commensurate with education and experience. For more information or to apply, please call 717-737-9834 to speak with Father Greg Welin.
- 8:30 or 9:00 rehearsal with Gospelaires – Men’s Choir – 8 members
- Praise team 4 members – 9:15-9:45 rehearsal (2nd Sunday of month) – Gospelaires will rehearse at 8:30 due to Praise Team rehearsal at 9:15
- Sanctuary Choir 10 members – 9:30 rehearsal (1st Sunday of month) – will generally start Gospelaires rehearsal at 8:30 or 8:45 due to Choir rehearsal at 9:30
- Service 10:00 am -11:30
- Arrange special music for any 5th Sunday or play something for special music; will also play special music on the 4th Sunday of the month should the bells be unable to perform
- Be available to accompany the Sunday School singers whenever the need arises
- Sanctuary choir rehearsal – 6:30-7:15 (generally September through May or June with summers off) – Small Choir – 10 members
- Responsible for finding appropriate music;
- Also, for Easter and Christmas – Rehearsal 2 weeks before to accommodate members schedule
- Arrange for special music for each Sunday and/or play something if no one is available, involves putting up a signup sheet in advance and asking people as well
- Not many weddings in the past few years, but be available to do so; usually scheduled far in advance
- Potentially be available for funerals during the week (substitute can be arranged if Organist has full time work)
- Two services on Christmas Eve (5:30/11:00pm) – 1 hr services
- Ash Wednesday – up to Pastor – 1 hr in evening
- Holy Thursday/Good Friday – up to Pastor – 1 hr – during the day
Faith Lutheran Church of Blakeslee, PA is looking for an organist and choir director to serve two services (liturgy and hymns) each Sunday and special services. Send letters of interest to Mr. Phil Newlander, President at email@example.com or mail to P. O. Box 228, Blakeslee, PA. Phone inquiries can be made to 570-646-0309. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
St. Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wilkes-Barre is currently searching for an organist to accompany services on the church’s pipe organ. A job description is included below. If you are interested or have any questions about the position, please contact Bob Novak at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-762-3662.
Faith Lutheran Church, Route 940, Blakeslee, is seeking applications for a church organist (keyboardist will be considered) to serve their two services on Sunday mornings plus Wednesdays during Advent and Lent. Holiday services are included such as Christmas, Easter and Ash Wednesday. Inquires, resumes and salary expectations should be emailed to email@example.com. Further information about Faith Lutheran Church can be found on Facebook or by checking the website: FaithLutheranBlakeslee.org.
Director of Music Ministries sought for Christ United Methodist Church, a growing congregation in Mountain Top, PA, with a variety of musical groups and worship styles. The ideal applicant will be a worshiper of Jesus with experience leading a congregation into the presence of God, a skilled organist and pianist, competent vocalist, and effective serving in and leading teams.
Responsibilities include recruiting, accompanying, and directing choirs; leadership of a worship band; providing opportunity and development for the next generation of musicians; and expanding and enriching the church’s musical worship life with various ethnic traditions and genres including contemporary worship music.
For more information or to submit a resume and references, contact church administrator Suzanne Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570.474.6060.
St. Eulalia’s Parish is seeking an individual for the position of Music Director in the responsibilities of the Parish Music Ministry. Duties will include the planning of music for the various liturgies, scheduling of cantors, keyboard abilities to provide accompaniment for congregational and choral singing, and planning and coordinating vocal and instrumental music for all children’s Masses. Kindly respond to email@example.com.
Elm Park United Methodist Church of Scranton, Pennsylvania is seeking a part-time Director of Music and part-time Organist for our church, beginning September 1, 2016. A brief description of each position follows:
Part-Time Director of Music
Primary duties are to coordinate, plan and implement a comprehensive music ministry that complements the overall mission and goals of the church. The church music program consists of two Sunday services per week, during which an organist plays. The earlier service also routinely has a soloist, and the later service has a volunteer choir. Our children’s choir also participates regularly in the later service. The church is further interested in revitalizing its handbell and chimes choirs. The Director of Music will report to the Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Primary duties are to play the organ during the 11:00 AM Sunday worship service, and to play during choir rehearsals that are held one day a week, from Labor Day through Memorial Day. Additional responsibilities will include special rehearsals and services throughout the year including Christmas Eve and Lenten services. The ideal candidate will be a flexible team member with a deep understanding of the role of a musician in worship. We believe our Farrand and Votey organ is one of the finest in the nation, having been removed, reworked, and reinstalled by the Reuter Organ Company in 1995-96. A more thorough description of the organ can be found here. We are also blessed to have in the Sanctuary a Steinway & Sons Concert Grand Piano. The Organist/Accompanist will report to the Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
If you are interested in either or both of these positions, please contact:
John Warring, Chairperson, Staff-Parish Relations Committee
c/o Elm Park United Methodist Church
712 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18503
Trinity Episcopal Church, Mt. Pocono, Pennsylvania is seeking an Organist/Choirmaster to provide music at all weekly and special services including, Christmas Eve/Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, and any other service agreed upon by the Priest, Vestry, and Organist. Right of first refusal for funerals and weddings.
Regular weekly service is Sunday morning 10:00 a.m. A volunteer adult/youth choir would rehearse once a week, as set by Organist/Choirmaster and Choir Members. The Candidate must be able to work well with staff and a choir. Knowledge of Episcopal Liturgy as well as familiarity of all common traditional hymn styles and other styles of music would be beneficial. The salary will be based on experience and the church budget. There is an Allen Electronic Organ and a Steinway Grand Piano in the church.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Trinity Episcopal Church, 137 Trinity Hill Road, Mt. Pocono, PA 18344 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Episcopal Church in Port Jervis, NY is in need of an organist to play its weekly 10:15 a.m. worship in addition to Holy Week and Christmas Eve services. There is no choir. Stipend is $125 per service, somewhat negotiable. Contact Father David Lee Carlson at 845-856-3026 or email@example.com for more information or to apply.
The Church of the Immaculate Conception, Port Jervis, New York is seeking an Organist/Cantor/Choir Director to provide music at all required Masses, special observances including Christmas, Holy Week, Easter, Confirmation, First Communion and other services as indicated (Holy Days of Obligation). Right of first refusal for funerals and weddings.
Regular services include one Saturday evening Mass and two Sunday morning Masses. Volunteer adult and youth choirs rehearse weekly September to June. The Candidate must be able to work well with staff and the two choirs. Knowledge of Catholic Liturgy preferred as well as familiarity of all common traditional hymn styles and chant. The salary will be based on experience and the church budget. There is a 3 Manual Pipe Organ that is in excellent condition.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references to:
Reverend Father Matthew C. Newcomb
P.O. Box 712
Port Jervis, New York 12771
Divine Redeemer Church in Mount Carmel is looking for a Choir Director/Organist. A job description is included below. For more information, please contact the parish office at 570-339-3450.
Choir Director/ Organist
A gross payment of $100.00 per choir Mass and $100.00 per choir rehearsal will be paid twice a month. The net payment will be minus taxes. Payment for up to thirteen additional choir rehearsals will be $70.00 each. Payment for non-choir Masses, when solicited, will be $70.00 each. Contract will allow for two unpaid vacation weeks, if needed. Emergency cancellations for any contractual responsibilities will be considered, but not compensated.
- One Mass per weekend x 50 weeks
- One rehearsal per week x 50 weeks
- Special liturgies as defined below
- To develop, grow and sustain a volunteer choir to complement the Sunday 10:30 a.m. Mass and Holy Days.
- To engage the parishioners in prayerful song while supporting the gospel message of the Parish Pastor.
- To work under the spiritual direction of the Pastor to design and provide thoughtful musical choices to coincide with the weekly readings and liturgical calendar.
- Be mindful of the music budget and stay within those parameters as set by the Liturgy Committee to acquire sheet music and other instruments; to upkeep equipment and instruments; and to contract musical support.
- Be willing to work with lay personnel on a variety of special projects.
- Hold weekly practice(s).
- Be at the parish no less than twenty minutes prior to rehearsal, organized and prepared to start practice on time.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. Mass
- Be at the parish prepared to lead the choir 30 minutes before Mass.
- Accompany and direct the weekly volunteer choir, cantors, and occasional auxiliary musicians.
Direct Special Liturgies
- Holy Day Vigils: Mary, Mother of God, Ash Wednesday, Ascension Thursday, Assumption, All Saints, Immaculate Conception
- Commissioned secular day(s), i.e. Thanksgiving.
- Easter Triduum: Holy Thursday Mass, Good Friday Service, and Easter Masses (2)
- Christmas Masses (2)
- Extra Weekday/Weekend Masses, as needed, i.e. Forty Hours. (When liturgies fall outside of the regular church calendar, the director will be given two weeks prior notice to arrange his schedule.)